Entrepreneurial literacy and numeracy are important because too many people who want to start small businesses lack critical understanding about financial matters including budgeting, taxes, balancing a checkbook, managing credit cards or lines of credit, and developing sales projections.
Entrepreneurship can bring low-qualified or marginalized youths into the mainstream of economic activities by providing open education and innovative practices in the digital era including basic skills development like entrepreneurial literacy and numeracy. The project LiNT can contribute to empowering low qualified young people to consider entrepreneurship as their vocation and pathway to sustainable livelihood.
OBJECTIVES OF LiNT PROJECT:
- to help provide low qualified young entrepreneurs with pathways to improving their knowledge and competencies by promoting literacy and numeracy learning.
- to improve and enrich teaching tools in low qualified young entrepreneurs’ education for trainers working with the target group;
- to develop a creative training kit with methodologies and tools related to teaching / learning processes of low qualified young entrepreneurs;
- benchmark of different training methodologies for low qualified young entrepreneurs;
- strengthen the resources of this target group (self-confidence, courage, resistance) by common inter-cultural work;
- to contribute to integration of literacy and numeracy business training into European curricula.
- Setting up a network of stakeholders in the partner countries and in countries beyond the partnership.
- Identification of relevant good practices.
- Development of Tool for studying basic skills and learning styles of low-qualified young entrepreneurs and common educational standards for their literacy and numeracy training
- Development of curriculum for improvement of the literacy and numeracy skills of low qualified young entrepreneurs.
- Organization of stakeholder consultation workshops.
- Development of 7 training modules.
- Developing of e-learning and e-assistance platform.
- Pilot testing and validation of the training program and platform.
- Creation of European Network of basic skills trainers of low-qualified young entrepreneurs.
- Organization of final international valorisation conference.
- Tool for studying basic skills and learning styles of low-qualified young entrepreneurs and common educational standards for their literacy and numeracy training.
- Development of e-based literacy and numeracy training modules for low qualified young entrepreneurs.
- Network of basic skills’ trainers of low-qualified young entrepreneurs.
01.06.2019 – 28.02.2021